Your home should be a place where you feel safe, rested and comfortable. Often we think of pollution and poor air quality. The air you breath while being in your own home can be filled with pollutants and particles that are bad for you and your families health. We are going to give you a few tips to make sure that you are safe and breathing in the “right” kind of air”.
- Take shoes off before entering the home. You will be shocked at how much pollutants can come into your home from your shoes.
2. Minimize the use of harsh cleaners. Try to stick to more organic and natural cleaners that don’t contain a bunch of chemicals
3. Don’t Smoke Indoors. If you are a smoker or live with one, make sure the smoking is done outside. A cigarette contains more 4,000 different chemicals and has been linked to various terminal illnesses. It can hurt the people around you through second hand smoke, and the odor can stay on clothing and furniture.
4. Check Air Filters. This is super important! Many people don’t realize that these need to be checked every so often. Filters might need to be changed as frequent as every month or as infrequent as every 6 months. This all depends on your home. It is crucial to make sure these are clean because it can effect the indoor air quality, and it can potentially ruin your HVAC unit completely.
5. Check and clean your air ducts annually! The last, and most important tip is cleaning and maintain your air ducts at least ONCE A YEAR! Your air duct supplies hot and cold air into the home and if they are dirty they can distribute pollutants and contaminants through the home. Hiring a professional such as Safe House Air Duct Cleaning in Denver will ensure that you have clean air supply.